This class is an intermediate study of photography that focuses on developing skills learned in Photo I and bringing new skills to the forefront. We will explore more serious forms of photography and expect a more professional outcome.
For this assignment you will photograph 50 digital frames of shadow art. Consider what you want to create. Do you want interactive shadow art, where the shadow becomes part of the world that the person is interacting with, or even becomes a character that interacts with the physical world? Would you prefer to make shadow art using objects or allow the organic world to naturally create shadow and add to the composition? You can approach this in a few different ways (or all the ways) and make something interesting.
• Start this project on a sunny day...the sun is the easiest way to do this
• Walk around your house seeing if there are any interesting shadows that fall across the walls or the floor
• Consider making your own shadows and controlling the environment with a strong light source and enlist your friends and family for some help to make these more fun!
For this assignment you will photography 50 digital frame of natural framing. Consider what you are looking through. What about using a pipe and shooting through that? Do you have windows that are interesting and show something curious on the other side? What about a cutout in your wall? Think about how to use your environment to create interest with your framing. Also don't be afraid to make your own frames to shoot through if you are having trouble finding them in the natural environment.
• Start by finding researching interesting natural framing, do you already do this sometimes in your own work?
• Walk around your house seeing if there are any interesting objects to photograph through
• Consider making your own (or bringing your own) with you to enhance an image
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.