You will create one single calligram using any shape you desire. You can create a map, or something more fluid like the tree you see above. More words adds more interest, but you can also create a calligram using one single word and change it with shape, size, and color.
• Research different types of calligrams, some are more straightforward, many are digital, and others are pen and paper.
• The shape of your chosen object will be created by the words you draw on paper, calligrams can be busy and fill the space, or even allow some negative space to help create the shape.
• Take a regular printer paper size 8.5 x 11, and pencil or pen to create your calligram (tracing a few light outlines to start your calligram will be helpful, you will erase these later on)
• Don't shy away from color if that is what you'd prefer—you can use paint, markers, colored pencils, pen, pencil, ink, or any other medium if you like
• If you have access to a computer and Photoshop or Illustrator you can try this digitally, but I think hand drawn is your best bet
• You should be filling the paper as much as possible
Resources: Pinterest Calligram Board