Seeing as most music concerts, festivals, and tours are cancelled this year due to COVID-19, I'd like you to choose a favorite festival or concert that you wanted to attend and redesign the poster. You can make up false dates and information, but try and use some of the actual information, especially the logo. You will create one single festival or music poster using any digital program you'd like, but if you have never used one I would suggest using Canva. You can use the stock imagery that is available on canva if needed, but be sure to change out colors and text and make the design your own.
• Research different types of music posters, when you find a few you like think about how the design of the poster tells us something about the show or festival. (Woodstock poster is more psychedelic, Coachella shows us images of sunsets, Boston Calling has rich colors, a country music fest might show a Cowboy Boot, etc.)
• Make a Canva account on a computer or laptop if possible (the desktop version is much easier to use than the app)
• Start by choosing the "poster" option on Canva. You can use one of the designs as an inspiration but you CANNOT just choose a design and change a few elements. This should be created by you and redesigned by you.
• Play around with the elements available to you in Canva—there are tons of options and photos and color blocks. You can also upload your own images, especially if you need to use a logo from the actual festival you are designing for.
• When you are finished, download your design and submit on google classroom. If you cannot download (because they want to charge you) you should be able to screenshot the design and submit that screenshot.
Resources: Music Festival Poster Pinterest Board